Intellectual Property Management in the Food Sector: Safeguarding Your Trademarks in the Global Marketplace
Discover how to manage intellectual property in the food industry
Please note this course runs without facilitation
Your company’s Intellectual Property (‘IP’) is one of your greatest assets, providing a powerful competitive advantage in the global marketplace.
On this course, you’ll find out how to manage and safeguard your company’s IP. You’ll learn how to evaluate expected sources of problems, use patents and trademarks, and navigate the world of start-ups and SMEs.
You’ll also be equipped to promote best practices in IP management within your company.
- Introduction to intellectual property management
- Ways to protect intellectual property in relation to food products
- Patents, Trademarks & Taste and smell marks
- Design protection
- Effective intellectual property protection on local and international markets
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify intellectual property management in relation to food products
- Explore the value and importance of intellectual property management in the food sector industry, especially if you are engaged in start-ups or SMEs
- Synthesise the limitations and expected root of problems when intellectual property is poorly managed
- Reflect on how to make wise decisions about effective intellectual property protection in local and international markets
- Debate ways to contribute to increasing food sector growth through newly obtained intellectual property management skills
- Assess how to engage in promoting best practices in protecting intellectual property among food managers and executives, especially those engaged in start-ups and SMEs
Who is the course for?
This course would be of value to professionals in the food and drink industry - particularly those working in (or with) start-ups and SMEs.
The Educators won’t be able to join the discussions themselves or respond to individual comments, but the course encourages a strong learning community. The learning is focused around debate and discussion – supporting other learners, sharing your own experience and knowledge, and listening to new perspectives. We hope that you will enjoy interacting with and learning from each other in this way. Don’t forget to comment, reply to other learners and ‘like’ comments.
Endorsers and supporters
Do you know someone who'd love this course? Tell them about it...
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.