Weekly study3 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 2 of 4
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Advertising and Creative Marketing with Advertising Week
Learn how to approach advertising and creative work as a marketer
Executing an advertising campaign starts long before you make the campaign itself. You need to understand the aims of the campaign, the channels you can use to reach people, and how you are going to measure the outcome.
On this two-week course, you’ll discover the process of creating an advertising campaign, from defining your campaign goals and understanding what you should promote in the ads, right through to measuring your success rates to help you improve.
Understand customer segmentation
You’ll delve into the key forms of advertising to help you answer the questions of who you are trying to reach, and where they are.
From outdoor to digital, social media to TV, you’ll understand the best channels you should use to reach the people you’re keen to connect with.
Develop an effective advertising strategy
Once you have done the planning for your ads, you’ll examine the best ways to budget and track campaigns for effectiveness.
You’ll learn how to create your ads, whether you’ll be putting them together or commissioning an agency to do the work for you.
You’ll also understand what objectives and key performance indicators (KPIs) you should be using in your advertising strategy to ensure you can adapt your plan, learn more every week, and implement changes that improve your success rates.
By the end of this course, you’ll have the knowledge to implement an effective advertising strategy that speaks directly to your customers.
- what is advertising?
- different types of advertising
- advertising channels and media
- budgets and tracking
- creative output
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore different types of advertising.
- Compare the impact of different types of creative campaign.
- Evaluate the best measurement techniques for advertising campaigns.
- Demonstrate understanding of advertising budgeting.
- Investigate customer segments and personas.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for beginners who want to run their own advertising campaign.
It will suit you if you deal with advertising as part of your job but you have never executed a campaign before.
Who developed the course?
AWLearn is the education arm of Advertising Week. Advertising Week is a global thought leadership organization. The AWLearn philosophy is that all our courses and learning follow the same philosophy: Educate, Entertain, Enable. This means our courses offer the educational oversight on a particular topic; we use real-life entertaining case studies featuring professionals who already do these jobs; and show you the tactics that will enable you to get ahead in your career.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends