Weekly study3 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 4 of 4
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Content Marketing Strategy with Advertising Week
Create a strategic content marketing plan that gets your brand noticed
Using case studies from some of the world’s biggest brands, this two-week course will equip you with the content marketing skills and know-how to create engaging, targeted marketing content that works.
Learn the rules of strategic content creation with insights from Nike, Burger King, Etsy and more
Strategic marketing content is responsive, both to the needs of its audience as well as the wider context of society and culture.
This course will help you to identify what types of content marketing are right for your organisation.
Leading by example, you’ll explore how Burger King and Etsy have created a content marketing strategy that appeals directly to their customers, and hear from the marketing experts at Nike on how they adapted their content strategy in response to the coronavirus pandemic to build an entirely online fitness community.
Analyse innovative content marketing examples from Goop, Glossier, Siemens, Buzzfeed, and Chipotle
Through case studies and interviews with business founders like Gwenyth Paltrow at Goop, you’ll observe content marketing in action in a wide range of industries, from beauty to tech, and identify why and how it’s successful.
Be it thought leadership pieces, TikTok videos, or whitepapers, you’ll explore a variety of content marketing ideas and formats, and learn how to channel your learnings into creating marketing content that reaches and resonates with your target market.
Set and exceed your content marketing goals
As well as learning how to create great content, you’ll learn how to define and set goals for your content that align with your content marketing strategy.
By the end of the course, you’ll have mastered the skills to create a strategic content marketing plan and imaginative, targeted content to rival the best in business.
- What is content marketing?
- Why do content marketing?
- What are the different types of content marketing?
- How do I reach customers?
- Planning a content marketing strategy
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Create a shareable certificate link for your CV and LinkedIn.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Share your certificate
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Assess what types of content marketing might be right for you
- Investigate choices in content marketing formats
- Develop understanding of where to experiment with content creation and where to plan
- Describe your content goals
- Produce your peer-assessed structured content marketing plan
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for those beginning a career in marketing who’d like to build their skills in content marketing.
It will also be useful for those already working in marketing who haven’t specialised in content marketing previously, as well as SMEs who want to create content marketing but don’t have a dedicated marketing team.
Who developed the course?
AWLearn is the education arm of Advertising Week. Advertising Week is a global thought leadership organization. The AWLearn philosophy is that all our courses and learning follow the same philosophy: Educate, Entertain, Enable. This means our courses offer the educational oversight on a particular topic; we use real-life entertaining case studies featuring professionals who already do these jobs; and show you the tactics that will enable you to get ahead in your career.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends