Weekly study3 hours
Employee Engagement and Motivation: An Introduction
This course isn't running right now. We can email you when it starts again, or check out these other courses you might like.
Learn what affects employee engagement and motivation
What do engaged and motivated employees look like? And what about disengaged and demotivated employees?
Get answers on this course about employee engagement, where you will start by considering existing definitions of engagement and motivation. You will gain insight into the key factors linked to motivation and engagement, and question the causes of employee demotivation and disengagement – whether it is the job itself or individual personality traits.
You will also examine the differences between face-to-face and virtual teams by considering communication and trust.
• The definitions of the concepts of motivation and engagement at work
• The key factors (both internal and external) that lead to employee motivation and engagement
• The role of job design (eg the job characteristics model) in relation to motivation and engagement
• The relationship between personality traits and employee engagement and motivation
• The difference between face-to-face and virtual teams’ motivation and engagement levels, which will allow you to discuss communication and trust
Date to be announced
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify the definitions of motivation and engagement at work
- Explore the key factors that are associated with motivation and engagement
- Evaluate the key role of job design to employee engagement and motivation
- Assess the role of personality traits in relation to motivation and engagement
- Describe how motivation and engagement is different between face-to-face and virtual teams by discussing the quality and quantity of communication and trust
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone looking to gain a better understanding of engagement and motivation in the workplace. It’s suitable for professional development.
The course is also part of the MSc Business and Organisational Psychology, accredited by the Association for Business Psychology.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.