Weekly study4 hours
Irish 105: An Introduction to Irish Language and Culture
Allow the Irish language to draw you closer to the Irish way of life
Endorsed and supported by the Irish government, this course is the perfect opportunity for you to continue developing your understanding of Irish language and culture.
Building upon Irish 104, you’ll recap what you’ve learnt on the 4 previous courses, before tackling new subjects, such as social occasions, the family, pastimes and travel.
By the end of the course, you’ll have progressed further with spoken phrases, and questions - and will be able to speak in more detail about yourself. You’ll also possess a greater understanding of Irish culture, and where Gaeilge fits into Ireland today.
- Continuation of introduction to the Irish language
- Introducing and describing yourself
- Holding a conversation at social occasions
- Talking about your family
- Discussing pastimes and your interests
- Travelling and time
- Course related Irish mythology, poetry, music and song
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Engage with the Irish language through culture
- Discuss various aspects regarding the family and your personal status
- Describe your family in greater detail whilst conversing and answering questions
- Compare and discuss your interests and pastimes
- Develop your spoken skills using time in the context of your daily travel plans
- Explore Irish mythology, poetry, music and song
- Apply and use grammatical concepts in context
Who is the course for?
This course is suited to learners from all over the world, including the Irish diaspora and non-natives with an enthusiasm for Irish culture. It would also be of value to indigenous learners who wish to recap their language skills, or to learn from scratch.
Endorsers and supporters
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.