Weekly study4 hours
Irish 106: An Introduction to Irish Language and Culture
This course isn't running right now. We can email you when it starts again, or check out these other courses you might like.
Immerse yourself in one of Europe’s oldest living languages
This course is an excellent opportunity for you to further expand your knowledge of Irish language and culture.
Building upon Irish 105, you’ll recap what you’ve learnt on our previous beginner courses, before moving to new subjects - such as work, food and drink, and the weekend.
By the end of the course, you’ll have progressed your language skills further and you will be familiar with past and future tenses. You’ll also delve deeper into Irish’s cultural context and its relevance to modern Irish life.
Date to be announced
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Engage with the Irish language through culture
- Explain simple aspects regarding your occupation and work related topics
- Describe your weekend activities whilst conversing and answering questions
- Compare and discuss aspects regarding food and drink in social situations
- Apply and use grammatical concepts in context
- Develop your spoken skills using the past and future tenses
- Explore Irish mythology, poetry, music and song
- Discuss general topics relating to health and illness and how they impact you
Who is the course for?
This course is suited to learners from all over the world, including the Irish diaspora and non-natives with an enthusiasm for Irish culture. It would also be of value to indigenous learners who wish to recap their language skills, or to learn from scratch.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.