This free online course is the second of six in the Italian for Beginners program. It will introduce you to the language that you need to:
- introduce people;
- exchange contact information (address, telephone number, e-mail);
- use numbers;
- exchange information about people;
- talk about your family;
- describe people and the clothes they wear.
Talk about people and family in Italian
During the four weeks of the course, you will learn the vocabulary and phrases you need to talk about friends and family, and the present tense of some basic verbs, such as avere (to have). You will also learn how to ask questions in Italian. You will continue to develop your speaking, listening, reading and writing skills, through the activities and the audio resources.
You will find tips and advice on how to develop your study skills, as well as cultural information about people in Italy and about the Italian regions.
- Introduce people;
- Exchange contact information (address, telephone number, e-mail);
- Use numbers;
- Exchange information about people;
- Talk about your family;
- Describe people and the clothes they wear.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Develop skills in basic Italian for interacting in communicative situations
- Engage in simple communication in Italian
- Apply the language introduced to exchange information about people and contact details, make introductions and use numbers
- Apply the language introduced to talk about your family and describe people and the clothes they wear
Who is the course for?
This course is aimed at people with little prior knowledge of Italian, who want to learn the basic language and find out about Italy and its regions and culture. The course assumes that you have already studied the first course in the Italian for Beginners program. This course is taught through English.
Who developed the course?
The Open University (OU) is the largest academic institution in the UK and a world leader in flexible distance learning, with a mission to be open to people, places, methods and ideas.
- LocationMilton Keynes, UK
- World rankingTop 510Source: Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLItalian to talk about this course on social media.