- Duration4 weeks
- Weekly study4 hours
Italian for Beginners 5: Time To Travel
This course isn't running right now. We can email you when it starts again, or check out these other courses you might like.
This free online course is the fifth of six in the Italian for Beginners program. It will introduce you to the language that you need to:
- talk about arrival and departure times;
- enquire about train times;
- buy a train ticket;
- ask for information;
- talk about journey times and distances.
Learn Italian to travel, ask about trains and buy tickets
During the four weeks of the course, you will learn the vocabulary and phrases you need to travel around Italy, such as getting information about train times, buying a ticket or asking how long the journey is.
You will learn to use si (yes) to say how things are done and learn the verbs dovere (to have to), potere (can) and volere (to want). You will continue to develop your language skills, and practice asking for information in Italian. And you will find out about local transport and the rail network and about the geography of Italy.
- Talk about arrival and departure times;
- Enquire about train times;
- Buy a train ticket;
- Ask for information;
- Talk about journey times and distances.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Develop skills in basic Italian for interacting in common communicative situations
- Engage in simple communication in Italian
- Apply the language introduced to talk about travel, journey times and distances
- Apply the language introduced to say how things are done and to ask for information
Who is the course for?
This course is aimed at people with little prior knowledge of Italian, who want to learn the basic language and find out about Italy and its regions and culture. The course assumes that you have already studied the previous four courses in the Italian for Beginners program. This course is taught through English.
Who developed the course?
The Open University (OU) is the largest academic institution in the UK and a world leader in flexible distance learning, with a mission to be open to people, places, methods and ideas.
- LocationMilton Keynes, UK
- World rankingTop 510Source: Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020