Explore the changing face of technology in the workplace
Why are digital skills so important and which jobs do you need them for?
Tackle some of the big myths surrounding the future of work, and demystify the world of digital technology using up-to-date case studies from people who have recently joined the workforce.
With an ever-changing job market, this course will help you to keep on top of how digital technologies are influencing our work and lives.
As you discover the Fourth Industrial Revolution, you’ll consider the importance of digital skills and reflect on the transferable skills you’ll need for your career to be future-proof.
What topics will you cover?
- The Fourth Industrial Revolution
- How technology affects us
- The world of data
- Artificial intelligence vs. human intelligence
- Digital skills
- Transferable skills
When would you like to start?
Most FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts. Find out more
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify the technologies and aspects of the Fourth Industrial Revolution.
- Discuss how technology is changing the world around us.
- Debate the growing importance of data.
- Explore the impact of automation in the workplace.
- Investigate the digital skills predicted for a future workforce.
- Reflect on the transferable skills predicted to be future proof.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for people who have digital skills but would like to build confidence in using digital technology in the workplace.
This may include those studying for A-levels, those who have a degree, or those who want to improve their career prospects.
The course will also be useful for anyone in employment who wants to boost their digital skills or anyone returning to the workplace who’d like to gain confidence in how working practices have evolved.
You might also be interested in the other courses in the Digital Skills for the Workplace collection from the University of Leeds and the Institute of Coding.
University of Leeds are offering everyone who joins this course a free digital upgrade, so that you can experience the full benefits of studying online for free. This means that you get: