Weekly study5 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 2 of 5
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
International Leadership: Managing Culture as Leaders
If you do not manage culture, it manages you
Identify and develop the skills you need for managing cultural change as a leader with this short online course from Coventry University.
Reflecting on case studies about international leadership, you will have the chance to learn more about how organisational culture influences leaders’ responsibilities and methods.
By studying the theories related to workplace culture – such as the Global Leadership and Organisational Behaviour Effectiveness (GLOBE) study and Hofstede’s five dimensions of culture – you can better understand the leadership skills you need for recognising and effectively managing culture in your organisation.
Discover how to use your workplace culture as a competitive advantage
On this course, you’ll learn how leadership and culture are so closely related that they themselves develop the workplace culture.
We look at the leader’s role in culture design and management within organisations, compare different leadership styles and understand the importance of organisational culture in strategic management.
By the end of this training, you’ll have a better understanding of how culture can be a competitive advantage in business.
Explore how to manage cultural changes within your organisation
In this short course, you will examine the viewpoints of leaders and look at how they manage and create cultural change in organisations through different leadership styles.
You will also have the opportunity to describe organisational culture and compare this between different countries, based on the GLOBE study and Hofstede’s five dimensions of culture.
Taught by lecturers with specialist research interests in the field, this online training will help you develop an effective tactical and practical approach to manage your workplace culture from a position of leadership.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Compare different leadership styles
- Explore how the themes of leadership and culture are so closely related that they cause organisational culture
- Explain the leader's role in culture design and management
- Develop a tactical and practical approach to manage your workplace culture as a leader
- Describe organisational culture and explain how culture can be a competitive advantage
Who is the course for?
This course is aimed at those wanting to progress into a leadership role, or to build on their leadership skills as part of their continued professional development.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends