Weekly study5 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 4 of 5
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
International Leadership: Politics and Philosophy in Leadership
Explore how leadership can find a voice in today’s world
Explore different leadership approaches and understand their importance in moulding the characteristics of leaders and followers.
Develop your understanding of the role of philosophy in leadership as you look at relevant concepts such as what is authentic leadership and how does it compare to charismatic leadership?
On this course, you’ll have the chance to examine how leadership can find a voice in today’s world. Each lesson, delivered by experts with specialist interest in the field, will provide an opportunity to develop your awareness of the leadership characteristics needed to be effective within your organisation.
Learn how to identify different leadership philosophies
This course gives you a broad overview of a number of different philosophies in leadership.
You’ll look at Path-Goal theory, the Situational Approach, the Full Range Leadership Model, and the Leader-Member Exchange Theory.
Discussing the unique characteristics of each leadership approach, you’ll gain a better understanding of how they influence an organisation’s culture and outcomes.
Use philosophy to a better leader in your organisation
Identify and discuss examples of political leaders and their leadership approaches.
You’ll use relevant case studies to explore models and concepts such as authentic leadership, charismatic leadership and transformational leadership.
You’ll also discuss how these approaches influence the various political and philosophical stances of international leaders around the world.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify and discuss the situational approach, path-goal theory and leader-member exchange theory
- Discuss charismatic and transformational leadership
- Explore and evaluate authentic leadership
- Identify and discuss some examples of political leaders and their leadership approaches
Who is the course for?
This course is for those wanting to progress into a leadership role, and those looking for leadership skills as part of their continued professional development.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends