Weekly study5 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 1 of 5
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
International Leadership: The Evolution of Management and Leadership Theory
Discover your leadership qualities
Develop your understanding of the evolution of leadership and management theory with this online short course developed by Coventry University.
You’ll have the chance to look at what leadership is, examine the relationship between power and leadership, and compare the concepts of assigned leadership and emergent leadership.
Identify your personal leadership qualities by completing the leadership questionnaires introduced on this training and use these insights to develop your professional practice.
Improve your understanding of good leadership by examining the difference between leadership and management
On this course, you will have the chance to discuss and investigate the differences between a leader and a manager.
You’ll look at assigned leadership and emergent leadership within organisations and compare and contrast the two approaches. Using these and other insights from leadership and management theory, you’ll discover the qualities that make a good leader for organisations of various types.
Develop your leadership qualities by studying leadership and management theories
Are leaders born or made?
On this short course, you will have the opportunity to examine the evolution of leadership theory by exploring the key concepts of leadership.
You will also be able to reflect on your own skills and experiences, using leadership questionnaires to assess your own leadership qualities.
This online training from Coventry University is the ideal introduction to the evolution of management within international leadership. It will equip you with the theory and personal insights to become a more informed leader within your organisation.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore the fundamental concepts of leadership and the evolution of leadership theory
- Assess your own leadership qualities
- Identify the differences between a leader and a manager
Who is the course for?
It’s ideal for those wanting to progress into a leadership role and those looking for leadership skills as part of their continued professional development.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends