Weekly study5 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 5 of 5
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
International Leadership: Reflective Practice in Leadership
Explore how reflection can make you a better leader
Discover how reflective practice can make you a better leader and play a key part in your continued professional development.
On this course, you’ll examine reflective models – including the Driscoll model of reflection – and consider why reflection has such importance in a practice-based, professional learning setting.
You’ll also build and develop your reflective portfolio with guidance from industry experts on this short online course brought to you by Coventry University.
Learn how to build leadership skills with reflective practice
You’ll examine Driscoll’s model of reflection, and how it compares to Gibb’s model and Kolb’s model.
You’ll get the opportunity to explore, discuss, and apply these models to your personal experiences as a leader. In doing so, you’ll be able to analyse your own leadership capabilities and identify opportunities for further learning and professional development.
Gain insight into your leadership characteristics using reflective models
Evaluate and reflect on your personal leadership capabilities in your reflective portfolio.
You’ll have the chance to examine the importance of reflection and reflexivity as a leader and look at how reflective practice can make you a better leader within your organisation.
By the end of this course, you will have refined your own reflective portfolio in preparation for a peer-graded assignment. You will also have a strong foundational understanding of several reflective models, and be able to evaluate and reflect on your personal leadership capabilities.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Assess the importance of reflective practice in leadership
- Evaluate and reflect on your own leadership capabilities
- Discuss some of the reflective models
Who is the course for?
This course is for those wanting to progress into a leadership role and those looking to build their leadership skills for their continued professional development.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends