Weekly study3 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Extra BenefitsFrom $64
Why Do People Migrate? Facts
Learn the facts about why people migrate
Migration often makes headlines; it’s become a key issue of politicians worldwide. But what is the reality of migration? This course will introduce you to key challenges of irregular migration and asylum seeking worldwide. You’ll look at key cases from around the globe, including asylum seekers arriving in Europe via the Mediterranean and Syrian refugees in Turkey, Central American labour migration to the USA and the Rohingya refugee challenge in Southeast Asia.
- Definition of regular migration and asylum seeking
- Forced and voluntary migration
- The Syrian refugee crisis
- The EU asylum regime
- Politicising migration debates
- Mexican and Central American labour migration to the USA
- Gender and Latin American labour migration
- The case of the Rohingya in southeast Asia
- The ‘Pacific solution’ policy in Australia
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify main terms and concepts used to discuss irregular migration and asylum
- Discuss key case studies from different world regions
- Explore future scenarios of international migration
- Assess the challenges that international migration poses for different countries
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone interested in learning about migration, you don’t need any past experience.
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.