Weekly study5 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 2 of 5
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Multimodal Transport: Sourcing and Procurement in Logistics
Define multimodal transport and procurement for logistics business solutions
This two-week course will discuss various transportation modes and their characteristics to develop your understanding of multimodal transport.
You’ll learn the different mode selection criteria, as well as how to identify key multimodal transportation to help you build an understanding of the choices you have within your logistics business.
You’ll also discover the process behind procurement logistics and practical approaches to sourcing and handling material effectively using the Kraljic matrix.
Understand the elements of container shipping
You’ll start by exploring container shipping and its elements so that you can learn how to use them effectively in international logistics.
You’ll look at sourcing and procurement with this standardised form of shipping, also known as ISO containers, focusing on procurement logistics.
Learn the benefits and drawbacks of IT applications in procurement and order management
Alongside experts at Coventry, you’ll identify the stages of the order cycle and learn how effective tools can help you manage orders.
You’ll also discuss the advantages of ICT applications in procurement and order management and analyse the disadvantages to determine whether these tools will help you.
By the end of this course, you’ll understand intermodal operations and its characteristics, as well as important legal information such as Bill of lading and incoterms.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Analyse the characteristics of different transportation modes and criteria to select
- Recognise container shipping and its elements
- Analyse sourcing and procurement in logistics
- Discuss ICT applications in procurement and order management
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for practitioners looking to develop their understanding of international logistics and its concepts.
This course from Coventry University is part of the International Logistics ExpertTrack, exploring the importance of international logistics from a strategic perspective.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends