Weekly study3 hours
Nursing in Crisis? Exploring Current Challenges
This course isn't running right now. We can email you when it starts again, or check out these other courses you might like.
Understand and deal with key issues in contemporary nursing
Nurses play an important role in providing healthcare around the world and, in some countries, form more than 50% of the healthcare workforce. Yet, there is a global shortage with international organisations citing working conditions and image as contributing factors to nurses leaving the profession and to their initial recruitment.
This online course draws on the latest research findings and experiences of nurses from a range of countries to examine contemporary issues relevant to nurses.
- Overview of key issues in contemporary nursing practice
- Introduction to the impact of stress on nursing
- Introduction to the impact of migration on nursing
- How economics and politics influence contemporary nursing practice
- Introduction to the impact of shortages on nursing
- Linking professionalism and image
- Inter-relationships between key issues
Date to be announced
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Summarise key issues influencing contemporary nursing practice
- Explore international issues that define nurses' roles
- Discuss the relationship between professionalism and image
- Explain inter-relationships between key issues
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for nurses working at all levels and across all disciplines, in any country. It will give you the opportunity to share your own experiences, learn from other nurses, and get a taste of what studying an online MSc in Nursing would be like.
Please note that the individuals detailed in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below, are current staff members and may be subject to change.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.