Understand and deal with key issues in contemporary nursing
Nurses play an important role in providing healthcare around the world and, in some countries, form more than 50% of the healthcare workforce. Yet, there is a global shortage with international organisations citing working conditions and image as contributing factors to nurses leaving the profession and to their initial recruitment.
This online course draws on the latest research findings and experiences of nurses from a range of countries to examine contemporary issues relevant to nurses.
What topics will you cover?
- Overview of key issues in contemporary nursing practice
- Introduction to the impact of stress on nursing
- Introduction to the impact of migration on nursing
- How economics and politics influence contemporary nursing practice
- Introduction to the impact of shortages on nursing
- Linking professionalism and image
- Inter-relationships between key issues
What's different about this course?
Since 2017 you have been able to take a degree on FutureLearn. This free course is a bit like a starter course for a degree — it should give you a flavour of the degree subject but can also be your first step towards a degree qualification.
If you enjoy this course you can apply to join the program it’s part of to start working towards a degree on FutureLearn.
Don’t worry, you can still take the course without doing a full degree!
How do degrees work on FutureLearn?
Which program and degree is this course part of?
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLnursingincrisis to talk about this course on social media.