- Duration4 weeks
- Weekly study2 hours
- 100% onlineLearn at your own pace
- Extra BenefitsFrom $64
Nutrition and Disease Prevention
Understand how good nutrition can prevent disease
Diet-related diseases and obesity levels are rising. On this course you will explore the relationship between diet and disease and the role diet plays in weight management. You will examine the latest research studies to consider how poor nutrition can lead to ill health, and whether what we eat can help to prevent the onset of common diseases, such as cancer.
You will also look at micronutrients, and how a diet low in micronutrients can lead to health problems, and you’ll whether supplements can play a role in a healthy diet.
- How some nutrient deficiency can lead to health-related problems
- Relationship between cancer and micronutrient deficiency, such as iron or fish oil.
- The use of supplements and healthy eating for disease prevention or weight control.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Describe the relationship between diet and health-related diseases.
- Explain the importance of healthy diet and nutrition in disease prevention.
- Summarise the mechanism of diet for weight management.
Who is the course for?
The course is for students in healthcare disciplines, plus anyone with a general interest in nutrition and health.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please enable all cookies and refresh the page to view this content.
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.