Why join the course?
When asked who their customer is, aspiring entrepreneurs often say “anyone”. This could not be further from the truth. This free online course will help you understand how you can use primary and secondary research, to identify the right customer and design engagement strategies to attract and retain them.
Understand the data and discover your customer
This course will introduce you to how, where and why to gather data and how to use it to create customer personas and marketing strategies.
We will help you understand how to develop market analysis strategies and show you how to develop a marketing strategy to guide you towards implementation.
By the end of the course, you will understand:
- who your customer is;
- how to use data to identify and profile your customer;
- how to uncover the reasons why they buy;
- and how to develop profiles and personas for your customer.
Get expert online business advice
This course is one of four in the Online Business Success program from RMIT University. On every course, you will be guided by academics from the College of Business and the Business Enterprise Unit. Plus you’ll hear from successful online entrepreneurs about how they targeted the most valuable customers for their business.
What topics will you cover?
- The role demographic, psychographic and behavioural characteristics play when layered together to inform the market profile.
- The level of involvement and associated risks applied to online customers that business owners will need to reduce.
- Segmentation techniques to target the right customer base.
- The opportunities that an online entrepreneur would need to identify to grow or enhance current target markets.
- The comparison between difference types of research and the role each one plays together when developing a research plan.
- The types of customer persona tools available when building a visual representation of a typical customer.
- The distinction between the types of customer journeys, current and future state experience, and the service blueprint to inform the path to purchase.
- The marketing attribution which identifies how the marketing messages contribute to the decision when buying a product or service.
Upgrade - $104
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLRMITProfiling to talk about this course on social media.