Weekly study2 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Personalised Care: Peer Leadership Foundation - Step One
Learn what personalised care is and how the whole population can benefit
As the NHS moves towards a more personalised health and care system, it’s important for people to have a clear idea of what this new, more targeted approach to health and care means for them.
On this course you’ll learn what personalised care is, and how it can benefit the whole population in England. You’ll also hear how it works in practice.
- Changing demands on the NHS
- People’s stories of personalised care
- Shared decision making and how it works in practice
- Social prescribing and community based support
- Patient choice and your ‘legal right to choose’
- Supported self management
- Personalised care and support planning
- Personal health budgets and the difference they can make
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Discuss the changing demands on the NHS
- Describe the benefits of personalised care for the whole population
- Describe the six ways people can experience personalised care
- Discuss personalised care with health professionals with more confidence
Who is the course for?
This course is open to everyone but is mainly aimed at people with long-term conditions and disabilities and their carers who want to improve their situation by gaining knowledge of personalised care.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.