The Power of Podcasting for Storytelling
Duration 2 weeks
Weekly study 3 hours
Extra benefits From $59 Find out more
Explore the power of the podcast
Podcasting has become an increasingly popular way to tell stories, the number of podcasts grows each year. There are now over half a million podcasts according to Apple.
On this course you will explore exactly what a podcast is and why it’s so powerful for storytelling. You’ll develop your own plan for a podcast, produce a script, and finally investigate different platforms for publishing your brand new podcast.
What topics will you cover?
- Introduction to telling stories using audio
- The elements of a podcasting narrative and how to combine these elements authentically
- The software and hardware involved in producing a podcast
- Writing a narrative to suit audio
- The common pitfalls
- Different genres of podcast
- Introduction to finding good talent
- The process of being discovered and heard by an audience
When would you like to start?
Most FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts. Find out more
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone who is interested in creating a podcast, or learning more about podcasts. It might also be useful for people working in media and communications.
Who will you learn with?
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
for one year
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLpodcasting to talk about this course on social media.