Weekly study3 hours
The Power of Podcasting for Storytelling
This course isn't running right now. We can email you when it starts again, or check out these other courses you might like.
Explore the power of the podcast
Podcasting has become an increasingly popular way to tell stories, with the number of podcasts growing each year – there are now over half a million podcasts according to Apple.
On this course, you will explore exactly what a podcast is and why it’s so powerful for storytelling. You’ll develop your own plan for a podcast, produce a script, and finally investigate different platforms for publishing your brand new podcast.
This course is part of our Study with Australia collection, with free upgrades and digital certificates supported by the Australian Trade and Investment Commission until 31st July, 2020. Explore more courses from leading Australian education providers.
- Introduction to telling stories using audio
- The elements of a podcasting narrative and how to combine these elements authentically
- The software and hardware involved in producing a podcast
- Writing a narrative to suit audio
- The common pitfalls
- Different genres of podcast
- Introduction to finding good talent
- The process of being discovered and heard by an audience
Date to be announced
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify ideal conditions and environments for recording audio
- Discuss podcast narrative and genre
- Experiment with layering audio, music, silence and sound effects to create an experience
- Describe experiences podcasting or listening to podcasts
- Investigate how and where audio works best
- Record and share a podcast with fellow learners
- Produce a podcast and publish the podcast on a discoverable platform
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone who is interested in creating a podcast, or learning more about podcasts. It might also be useful for people working in media and communications.
What software or tools do you need?
To take part in the course you’ll need recording and editing software. Audacity is a free option for recording and editing.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.