Weekly study4 hours
Principles of Service Management
This course isn't running right now. We can email you when it starts again, or check out these other courses you might like.
Find out what the discipline of service management can do for your business
Today an increasing number of companies compete on service, not product. As a result, understanding a service-based approach to business is essential - even for product-based businesses.
On this course you’ll learn the latest thinking in service management, exploring a service-centric perspective to marketing and management. You’ll examine service as a business model, the value creation process, customer perceived quality and promise management.
Ultimately, you’ll discover how service-based thinking can help you better serve your customer, and overcome a range of business challenges.
- Week 1 - Service as a perspective on business
- Week 2 - The importance of service orientation
- Week 3 - A profitable service business
- Week 4 - Managing a service business
- Week 5 - From manufacturing to service (logic)
Date to be announced
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify and understand central theories, concepts and models within service management
- Apply relevant theories, concepts and models to common service management challenges
- Explore the relevance of and opportunities for service-based thinking in business operations
Who is the course for?
This course would be particularly relevant to business professionals and managers interested in the potential of adopting a service-based strategy, whether their firms are currently operating in an industrial or consumer context, or a manufactured goods or services context. It is also relevant for business students wishing to specialise in service management and marketing.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.