Weekly study4 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 1 of 3
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Programming Applications with Python: Working with Files
Learn how to use Python create applications
On this course, you’ll start to develop the knowledge and skills needed to successfully launch a career in programming or software development, learning how to program applications using Python.
You’ll study alongside industry experts at Github, giving you the confidence and competitive advantage to work in or manage development teams.
Explore how to read and create files
On this first course of the ExpertTrack, you’ll examine best practise for reading and creating files and directories in Python.
You’ll discover how to copy, move, rename, and archive existing files, as well as how Python is used for data analysis, including data collection, wrangling, and exploration.
You’ll come away with the ability to perform key elements of data analysis using Python, and ready to tackle the second course in the series.
Get in-demand skills in programming with Python
As the global importance of the online world increases, there is ever-growing demand for programmers with cutting-edge development skills – and especially programmers with training in Python.
Python is the most-popular programming language in the world, driving crucial web services such as Google, Dropbox, and Instagram, as well as many web applications and academic data analyses.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Articulate best practices for working files
- Identify key elements of data analysis using Python
Who is the course for?
- Career changers looking for an entry-level role as a programmer.
- Established technology professionals looking to better understand the versatility of Python.
- Technology team leaders, looking to better understand key concepts to more effectively manage development teams
What software or tools do you need?
On this ExpertTrack we’ll be using Python. We recommend you use a computer to access these elements.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends