- Duration4 weeks
- Weekly study4 hours
- 100% onlineLearn at your own pace
- Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 3 of 3
- Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Programming Essentials with Python: Matplotlib and Seaborn
The third part of this introduction to Python and programming ExpertTrack will teach you the core principles of data-visualisation libraries.
You’ll learn to define object-oriented programming, explore the key components of visualising with Python and the tools that can be leveraged.
You’ll also explore other Python libraries and their uses, learning how to define and compare them.
Learn how to use Matplotlib in Python
Matplotlib is a multi-platform plotting library for Python. It allows you to produce quality 2D charts in just a few lines of code.
The course will take you through the basics of the Python Matplotlib package, from its objects to its architecture, and you’ll learn how to create static plots using the library.
Understand how to use the Seaborn library for data visualisation
Seaborn is a Python data-visualisation library based on Matplotlib that provides a high-level interface for drawing statistical graphics.
You’ll examine the architecture and objects of the Seaborn package, learning how to use it to create static visualisations and customise Seaborn plots.
Explore the basics of object-oriented programming languages
Object-oriented programming (OOP) is a method of structuring a program by bundling related behaviours and properties into individual objects.
This course will introduce you to the core principles of OOP. It will teach you how to articulate object-oriented programming and how it relates to the Python language.
Upon completion of this third course within the Python Programming Essentials ExpertTrack, you will be able to differentiate between various types of cloud architecture, speak fluently to tech teams about Python options and applications, and complete basic tasks using Python.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Create a shareable certificate link for your CV and LinkedIn.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Share your certificate
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Define object-oriented programming
- Define a class in Python
- Identify key components of visualising using Python and tools that can be leveraged
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for professionals looking to build confidence in Python and other programming languages.
It’s ideally suited to career-changers seeking a programming role, established technology professionals, and tech team leaders.
What software or tools do you need?
On this course we’ll be using Python. We recommend you use a computer to access these elements.
Become a programming expert with this introductory Python course, covering cloud technology, data visualisation and source code.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends