Weekly study5 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 2 of 5
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Project Planning and Communication: Mastering Gantt Charts and Stakeholder Management
What does it take to become a professional project manager? And what are the methods they use to succeed?
You’ll find out on this course covering project planning, project communications and stakeholder engagement.
Use powerful scheduling tools such as the Gantt chart
A Gantt is a visual view of a task over time – and they allow for effective project scheduling and tracking from implementation to completion.
On this course, you’ll also get to grips with how to create working plans for a project. You’ll examine why plans are necessary, learn how to estimate the duration of activities, explore network diagrams and find out how to create a Gantt chart yourself.
The power interest grid: How to use stakeholder mapping techniques
You’ll find out how engaging with your stakeholders is vital to keeping a plan on track and explore the different areas of stakeholder management – from identification and creasing communication plans to the power/interest grid. This technique is used to categorise stakeholders based on their power, influence on and interest in a project.
You’ll explore the benefits and limitations of the power/interest matrix in identifying stakeholders and communicating with your business.
- Identify requirements and produce the scope and specification
- Create a work breakdown structure
- Estimate activity duration
- Develop a project schedule and optimise it to accommodate project constraints
- Identify and schedule resources
- Optimise the allocation of resources
- Understand stakeholder engagement, types of stakeholders, and their roles, influence and power
- Develop a stakeholder engagement plan
- Identify, categorise and prioritise stakeholders
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Develop a project management plan that documents the actions necessary to define and coordinate activities, assesses project deliverables, and ensure the control and management of cost, schedule, and changes to the project
- Assess the nature of stakeholder groups and summarise their impact on project performance
- Design a stakeholder engagement plan that includes approaches to issues such as communication, ethics and leadership
- Assess the interaction between the various components of a project, and evaluate and critique how changes in one component can influence how the project manager should adjust their activities, and communicate the results to stakeholders
- Reflect on the suite of appropriate strategies for stakeholder management, and recommend an approach based upon stakeholder strengths and weaknesses, their impact on the project, and other categories of stakeholder characteristics
Who is the course for?
This ExpertTrack is designed for anyone interested who wants to understand the fundamentals of project management in the context of an organisation.
It will be of particular interest to professionals and individuals interested in project management – especially aspiring project managers, project managers looking to take their career to the next level, and people in other careers such as engineering looking to gain project management skills.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends