Weekly study5 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 4 of 5
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Organisations and Project Management: P3M and Knowledge Management
What’s the relationship between the project and the organisation that’s hosting it? This short course will explore issues that affect companies involved in project management, covering the likes of ethics and professionalism, global project management and project organisation and context.
Learn how to implement organisational strategy
Projects are a key vehicle for the execution of organisational strategies, and the effectiveness of that execution is largely determined by the environment the company itself creates for those projects.
Explore the role of project, programme and portfolio management (P3M)
Project, programme and portfolio management is the application of techniques, methods, competences and procedures in order to achieve a defined set of objectives. You’ll have the chance to find out how P3M management can be used in different situations.
Discover how to apply sustainability and ethics in the workplace
All organisations need to consider the environmental, economical and social aspects of their future projects. You’ll explore the issues of sustainability and consider how to build a better, more ethical work environment while delivering your projects on-brief and on time.
- Understanding business strategy and its relationship with projects
- Strategic evaluation and selection of projects to create a well‐balanced portfolio
- Critical success factors, financial evaluation criteria and measuring project success
- Project organisation: structure and teams
- Knowledge management - learning from experience
- Ethical issues and considerations in project management
- Sustainability: the new professional responsibility
- Professional growth of the project manager and project team
- Leading and managing global projects
- Characteristics of large global projects
- Identifying complexity factors and issues
- Challenges associated with language and culture
- Working effectively in a multicultural environment
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Evaluate the different types of project organisational structures and debate the advantages and disadvantages of each
- Evaluate and assess the importance of ethics and professionalism in every aspect of the project’s operation
- Evaluate the impact of contextual factors, such as a client’s organisational culture, needs, risk tolerance, and project size on tools and methods of project management
- Evaluate a project management approach in a matrix organisational structure, and recommend methods that will successfully deliver a project considering the inherited power relationships
- Assess ethical situations and recommend best practices for ethical decision-making
Who is the course for?
This ExpertTrack is designed for anyone interested who wants to understand the fundamentals of project management in the context of an organisation.
It will be of particular interest to professionals and individuals interested in project management – especially aspiring project managers, project managers looking to take their career to the next level, and people in other careers such as engineering looking to gain project management skills.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends