- Duration2 weeks
- Weekly study3 hours
- 100% onlineTry this course for free
- Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 1 of 5
- Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Project Management: How to be a Successful Project Manager
What is project management? What are the essential project management principles? And what factors affect the state of a project?
You’ll have the chance to learn the answers to these questions and more on the first project management course in this ExpertTrack.
Discover the role of a project manager in the workplace
You’ll cover the essentials of project management, including theoretical and applied perspectives, and find out how to factor in project constraints such as cost, time and resources.
You’ll have the opportunity to learn the essential skills of project managers and their role in business, and find out how to develop your professional career further using the available opportunities.
You’ll also find out how to demonstrate competence in selecting and starting a project in an organisational context, as well as
- project phases and processes, such as traditional project life cycles
- factors important to project selection and prioritisation, as evidenced by organisational capability and available resource capacity.
Start building your career in project management
In learning how to succeed in project management, you’ll take a look at a typical day in the working life of a project manager.
You’ll explore the competencies of agile project management, project initiation, phases and extended life cycles, and the key skills you’ll need to thrive in this position.
- Core concepts of project management, including the prerequisites for a project (the business case), project management and the role of the project manager
- Project phases and processes, such as traditional project life cycles
- Factors important to project selection and prioritisation, as evidenced by organisational capability and available resource capacity
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Assess the importance of project management in the context of various organisational cultures and strategies, and summarise the essential components of a project, and the processes considered essential for its successful completion
- Describe the typical project management process, its documentation and deliverables that are produced in each project phase
- Describe the project phases that make up a typical project, and summarise the project management processes that occur within each. Explain the relationships between subject areas, process groups, and processes
- Evaluate factors important to project selection and prioritisation as evidenced by organisational capability and available resource capacity
Who is the course for?
This ExpertTrack is designed for anyone interested who wants to understand the fundamentals of project management in the context of an organisation.
It will be of particular interest to professionals and individuals interested in project management – especially aspiring project managers, project managers looking to take their career to the next level, and people in other careers such as engineering looking to gain project management skills.
Become an effective project manager and learn how to deliver strategic change and transformation in an organisation.