Weekly study5 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 5 of 5
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Project Management: Agile Manifesto Principles
Understand the agile methodology
Agility refers to the ability of an organisation to rapidly react to unpredictable scenarios and respond to unclear requirements within the context of product development.
On this course, you’ll have the chance to learn how to implement the principles and values of agile to project management by examining agile fundamentals, and consider the strengths and weaknesses of the agile approach.
You’ll also have the opportunity to develop a workable approach that includes the typical steps, activities and participant roles for an agile project, and find out how to engage the appropriate resources and tools for the task.
Discover the pros and cons of agile vs waterfall
Waterfall project management represents a linear life cycle, whereas agile is a continuous iteration of development and testing.
You’ll explore both styles of project management and learn how to measure uncertainty and risk in the context of these methodologies.
Learn how to put scrum methodology into action
Scrum is a specific agile methodology that’s used to facilitate a project and help teams work together. This methodology encourages learning through experience, self-organisation and the continuous reflection on wins and losses in order to evolve and improve.
You’ll cover the role of scrum in project management, carrying out exercises, events and quizzes to help you master this way of working, and look at how timeboxing (allocating a specific timeframe) can be put to use in a scrum environment.
- The history, principles and values of agile project management and the Agile Manifesto
- Understanding agile project management: general practices
- How agile project management is similar and how it is different from traditional project management life cycles
- Strengths and weaknesses of the agile approach
- Agile frameworks
- Working with a framework
- Managing agile projects
- Key metrics and resources for agile project management
- Hybrid life cycles: designing and customising agile and traditional life cycles
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Compare the approaches, advantages, and disadvantages of both classic and agile project methodologies
- Evaluate how and when these agile characteristics can be integrated with steps from a traditional project management life cycle to achieve an effective hybrid approach
- Develop a workable project management approach that includes the typical steps, activities, and participant roles for an agile project
- Apply appropriate tools and resources for agile projects, including specific or adapted metrics
Who is the course for?
This ExpertTrack is designed for anyone interested who wants to understand the fundamentals of project management in the context of an organisation.
It will be of particular interest to professionals and individuals interested in project management – especially aspiring project managers, project managers looking to take their career to the next level, and people in other careers such as engineering looking to gain project management skills.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends