- Duration2 weeks
- Weekly study5 hours
- 100% onlineTry this course for free
- Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 5 of 5
- Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Public Health and Nursing: Building a Culture of Health
Learn how to build a culture of public health into your nursing practice
On this course, you’ll consider the importance of strategic partnerships and health policy in health promotion and identify how you can advance a culture of public health within your own area of practice.
Learn how public health policy can be used to implement health promotion models
The need for societal transformation to improve health and wellbeing, reduce health inequalities, and redefine what it means to be and stay healthy is increasingly being recognised.
On this course, you’ll build skills for becoming a health leader in your role at work and in the community.
You’ll be introduced to a health promotion action model for transforming how society views health, and learn how public policy can be used to guide this transformation and model implementation.
Discover the benefits of using strategic partnerships in health promotion
Partnerships are central to public health improvement. You’ll learn what makes a partnership successful and how to arrange partnerships across a range of organisations and sectors.
You’ll also find out how to promote effective partnerships according to your community’s health priorities and use stakeholder analysis to manage the impact stakeholders may have on the success of your initiative.
Grow your public health leadership skills
This course will help develop your skills for a public health-promoting role where you can effectively lead, implement, and manage change.
You’ll learn how to influence individuals and improve health by leading on new health partnerships and policy.
By the end of the course, you should be confident in your leadership potential and development. As well as advancing your skills in influencing, negotiation, and persuasion, you’ll understand the implication and necessity of these skills for promoting public health.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Create a shareable certificate link for your CV and LinkedIn.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Share your certificate
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Evaluate the concept of health impact assessment as a tool for decision making
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of the implications of influence, the nature of power and communication for leading public health and health improvement
- Assess critically the importance, value and challenges of strategic partnerships in addressing public health priorities
- Evaluate drivers and restraining forces for managing change for health
- Evaluate challenges to enhancing the nurses’ public health promoting role
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for experienced nurses who’d like to extend their understanding of how nurses can act as promoters of health.
Explore how nurses can assess community health needs, and analyse public health theories to lead public health promotion.