Weekly study5 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 1 of 5
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Public Health and Nursing: Drive Public Health Promotion
Reflect on the responsibility of a nurse in public health
Public health and the promotion of health and well-being is now at the centre of national and global agendas.
On this course, you’ll reflect on the value of nurses as promoters of health – a model for nursing first established by Florence Nightingale, the founder of modern nursing.
Discover how to define ‘healthy’
You’ll identify what it means exactly to be ‘healthy’, before going on to define what globalisation is, and learn how it is impacting on healthcare.
You’ll identify why your nursing might need to change with the times, and describe what the future of public health looks like in practice.
Explore health promotion strategies and nursing ethics
In week two, you’ll go on to explore the concept of health promotion, understanding how nurses can act to empower individuals to lead healthier lives – just as Nightingale initiated nursing training and education programmes.
You’ll also consider the ethical dilemmas nurses can face when working in the field, and how to reconcile these with your work as social reformers and health campaigners.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Create a shareable certificate link for your CV and LinkedIn.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Share your certificate
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Evaluate the role of the nurse within public health
- Explore the globalisation of public health needs
- Reflect on the value of nurses as promoters of health
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for experienced nurses wanting or needing to extend their understanding of how nurses can act as promoters of health.
Explore how nurses can assess community health needs, and analyse public health theories to lead public health promotion.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends