Weekly study3 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 3 of 3
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Understand scaling in an Agile environment
On this seven-week course, you’ll be introduced to scaling in an Agile environment to help you bring Agile methods to different teams within your organization.
Scaling Agile creates a collaborative approach across teams to work more efficiently toward the same company goal.
You’ll learn how to identify and discuss scaling challenges in an organization before understanding how to strategize ways to address and overcome these challenges.
Explore Agile scaling frameworks
Building on your knowledge of Agile frameworks, you’ll explore specific scaling frameworks such as Scrum@Scale, DaD, SAFe, LeSS, and Nexus.
You’ll compare and contrast these frameworks and methodologies before gaining hands-on experience as you learn how to apply them.
Discover the best practices for applying a scaled Agile framework
Using real-world examples, you’ll gain insights into best practices and lessons learned when applying a scaling framework.
With this knowledge, you’ll be able to explore the role of managers and scaling coaches in a scaled Agile environment.
Learn how to advocate for the use of scaling Agile practices
Finally, you’ll learn the strategies you can use to advocate for the use of scaling Agile practices in your organization.
Guided by a collection of industry experts, you’ll create scaling Agile journals with resources and plans for future use.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Compare and contrast Agile scaling frameworks and methodologies.
- Identify and discuss scaling challenges in an organization and strategize ways to address/overcome these challenges.
- Recognize the manager’s role in a scaled Agile environment.
- Discuss strategies to advocate for the use of scaling Agile practices in an organization.
- Identify a coaching stance that aligns with a specific role or project’s needs.
- Create scaling Agile journals with resources and plans for future use.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for those with an understanding of Agile who are looking to scale the practices to larger teams.
It will be most beneficial for programmers or project managers.
Who developed the course?
Established in 1962, the University of California, Irvine Division of Continuing Education (UCI DCE) has served the lifelong learning needs of individuals, organizations, and the community on a local, regional, and global scale.
World rankingTop 100Source: Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends