Weekly study4 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 4 of 4
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Social Media Marketing: Managing Social Media
Gain sought-after skills from social media marketing experts
Turning your social channels from average to amazing is not solely down to the content or channel used, but also the processes and approaches you take to managing them.
This two-week course will help you discover critical tools and techniques to plan and manage your social media channels effectively.
Develop a sound social media management approach
You’ll discover how to develop and refine a successful social media management approach. You’ll explore each stage and element of social media management, covering insight tools, planning frameworks, day-to-day management tools, and monitoring and measurement techniques.
You’ll also find out how to create an effective social media policy that will guide your work and help avoid potential disasters.
Planning resources for effective social media campaigns
Social media activity and content production can be highly resource-intensive. You’ll discover how to manage both time and budget, and learn how to make the very best impact with the resources you have available.
You’ll learn how to implement processes and tools such as a content calendar to help the smooth day-to-day delivery of your strategy.
Apply social listening tools and maximise your impact
You’ll discover critical social listening tools and how to use them. These will provide you with vital market, audience, and channel insights which, used alongside channel and web analytics, will ensure you can stay one step ahead of your competitors by continually improving your social media campaigns and activity.
Designed by digital marketing experts, Target Internet with The Open University
Lead Educator, Daniel Rowles, CEO - Target Internet, will share his vast expertise gained from working with brands including the BBC, Sony, Tesco, Vodafone, Mercedes, L’Oreal and Warner Bros.
- What differentiates great social media?
- Social media insights and monitoring
- Social media policies
- Avoiding social media disasters
- Social media channel management tools
- Content calendars and social media processes
- Social media measurement
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Apply social listening tools for market, audience and channel insights
- Create an effective social media policy and avoid social disasters
- Create an efficient and effective social media management approach using tools and processes including content calendars
- Assess social listening, channel analytics and web analytics to keep improving social media
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone who would like to increase their awareness and understanding of social media marketing. You don’t need any prior knowledge, although any work experience will help contextualise and enhance your learning.
Who developed the course?
LocationMilton Keynes, UK
World rankingTop 510Source: Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020
Target Internet delivers digital training to some of the world’s leading organisations, as well as building online learning that is used in over 100 countries worldwide. As publishers of the global Digital Marketing Skills Benchmark and the Digital Marketing Podcast, they have unrivalled access to market insights and expertise.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends