Weekly study3 hours
Best Practice for Education: Professional Development Showcase
Discover practical ways of teaching to support your students
Are you a teacher looking to learn how to embed exciting and emerging teaching practices successfully but are under time-constraints?
If so, you’ve come to the right place. This 4 week course will teach you, through a series of bite-sized modules, how to adapt your teaching to create better outcomes.
Gain insights from thought leaders in education
The course presents a wide range of topics from expert institutions including universities, government organisations, vocational institutes, schools and edtech startups. It presents a unique opportunity for you to learn from Victoria’s experts in a range of different practices, all in one place!
Engage your students
Discover how to build a strong community by connecting with others, and learn how to create engagement through interaction. You’ll find out how to balance online learning with offline, asynchronous learning, and how to reach different learners within your classroom or educational environment.
Meet a global community of educators
Through the discussion and activities within this course you will have the opportunity to learn from and engage with educators from around the world. Together we will explore some of the key challenges and solutions in the educational landscape, supported by institutions from across the ‘Education State’, Victoria, Australia.
Explore dozens of other courses from Victorian providers across all subjects, including accredited microcredentials and degrees here.
- Gender Equity in Teaching Practice from Women’s Health Victoria
- Play through Reading from Australian Catholic University
- Collaboration Skills in the Classroom from ACER (Australian Council for Educational Research)
- Supporting Students with Additional Needs from Deakin University
- English Speaking Skills from Deakin University English Language Institute
- Teaching Online from FutureLearn
- Teaching in Nature from Federation University
- Understanding the Zone of Proximal Development from Holmesglen Institute
- Flipped Learning from Melbourne Polytechnic
- Engaging Young Readers from Storybox Library
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore new and emerging core teaching practices to facilitate effective learning in a classroom setting
- Evaluate different teaching practices as solutions to learning needs
- Apply core teaching practices and create a teaching artefact (e.g. lesson plan)
- Understand the edutech ecosystem of Victoria and each provider's role in the learner journey
Who is the course for?
This course presents a series of interlinked topics relevant to anyone engaging with learning and education. You will explore ways to shape learner’s minds and truly make a difference in a range of different ways. This course will be most relevant for time poor educators or education professionals looking to develop their knowledge in a suite of different skills and practices.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.