Explore the wealth of expertise in teaching available from world leading institutions within the Australian State of Victoria
Weekly study3 hours
100% onlineHow it works
Best Practice for Education: Professional Development Showcase
Discover practical ways of teaching to support your students
Are you a teacher looking to learn how to embed exciting and emerging teaching practices successfully but are under time-constraints?
If so, you’ve come to the right place. This 4 week course will teach you, through a series of bite-sized modules, how to adapt your teaching to create better outcomes.
Gain insights from thought leaders in education
The course presents a wide range of topics from expert institutions including universities, government organisations, vocational institutes, schools and edtech startups. It presents a unique opportunity for you to learn from Victoria’s experts in a range of different practices, all in one place!
Engage your students
Discover how to build a strong community by connecting with others, and learn how to create engagement through interaction. You’ll find out how to balance online learning with offline, asynchronous learning, and how to reach different learners within your classroom or educational environment.
Meet a global community of educators
Through the discussion and activities within this course you will have the opportunity to learn from and engage with educators from around the world. Together we will explore some of the key challenges and solutions in the educational landscape, supported by institutions from across the ‘Education State’, Victoria, Australia.
Explore dozens of other courses from Victorian providers across all subjects, including accredited microcredentials and degrees here.
What topics will you cover?
- Gender Equity in Teaching Practice from Women’s Health Victoria
- Play through Reading from Australian Catholic University
- Collaboration Skills in the Classroom from ACER (Australian Council for Educational Research)
- Supporting Students with Additional Needs from Deakin University
- English Speaking Skills from Deakin University English Language Institute
- Teaching Online from FutureLearn
- Teaching in Nature from Federation University
- Understanding the Zone of Proximal Development from Holmesglen Institute
- Flipped Learning from Melbourne Polytechnic
- Engaging Young Readers from Storybox Library
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and join a global classroom of learners. If the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed below.
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore new and emerging core teaching practices to facilitate effective learning in a classroom setting
- Evaluate different teaching practices as solutions to learning needs
- Apply core teaching practices and create a teaching artefact (e.g. lesson plan)
- Understand the edutech ecosystem of Victoria and each provider's role in the learner journey
Who is the course for?
This course presents a series of interlinked topics relevant to anyone engaging with learning and education. You will explore ways to shape learner’s minds and truly make a difference in a range of different ways. This course will be most relevant for time poor educators or education professionals looking to develop their knowledge in a suite of different skills and practices.
Who will you learn with?
Daniel is an Australian education professional with a background in consulting and educator training. He holds a BA/BEc, GC (Digital Learning).
Study Melbourne are offering everyone who joins this course a free digital upgrade, so that you can experience the full benefits of studying online for free. This means that you get:
Learning on FutureLearn
Your learning, your rules
- Courses are split into weeks, activities, and steps to help you keep track of your learning
- Learn through a mix of bite-sized videos, long- and short-form articles, audio, and practical activities
- Stay motivated by using the Progress page to keep track of your step completion and assessment scores
Join a global classroom
- Experience the power of social learning, and get inspired by an international network of learners
- Share ideas with your peers and course educators on every step of the course
- Join the conversation by reading, @ing, liking, bookmarking, and replying to comments from others
Map your progress
- As you work through the course, use notifications and the Progress page to guide your learning
- Whenever you’re ready, mark each step as complete, you’re in control
- Complete 90% of course steps and all of the assessments to earn your certificate
Want to know more about learning on FutureLearn? Using FutureLearn
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
Get a taste of this course
Find out what this course is like by previewing some of the course steps before you join:
Do you know someone who'd love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #studymelbourne to talk about this course on social media.
More courses you might like
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.