Weekly study3 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 3 of 5
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Sustainable Luxury Fashion
Delve into the world of luxury fashion brands alongside industry experts
Sustainability is transforming the fashion industry. It is shaping consumer demand for more sustainable items as well as driving change and new practices across the industry.
On this three-week course, you’ll be introduced to the study of sustainability within the luxury fashion industry, with exclusive content and insights from industry experts and academics from the creators of Vogue and Traveler.
You’ll explore the luxury fashion and lifestyle industries and gain a cutting-edge overview of how brands are responding to sustainability. This understanding will help you explore the complex nature of sustainability practices for luxury brands and how companies will continue to evolve in the future.
Study the rising demand for sustainable fashion due to consumer trends
Research shows that 60% of millennials say they want to shop more sustainably. On the course, you’ll explore the key principles of sustainable fashion to understand what it means for brands who are looking to respond to consumer trends.
You’ll evaluate how luxury companies are changing their branding strategies and brand values to suit customer demands for sustainability as well as how brand heritage plays a role in maintaining credibility for luxury brands.
Develop your own sustainability views and produce an article for Traveler
As you gain insights into the future of sustainable luxury trends, you’ll have the opportunity to put everything you have learned into practice as you write an article for Traveler.
This will give you the chance to develop your own ideas and thoughts on sustainability issues in the fashion industry.
By the end of the course, you’ll know how to discuss and write about sustainability developments within luxury fashion production and consumption.
Introduction to the luxury fashion and lifestyle industries. The rising demand for sustainability practices within the luxury sector. An exploration of consumer trends and demands for more sustainable brands. Insights into the future of sustainable luxury trends.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Gain an introductory understanding of the complex nature of sustainability practices for luxury brands.
- Develop independent views and thoughts on sustainability issues in the fashion industry.
- Acquire knowledge related to sustainability developments within luxury fashion production and consumption.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone interested in the fashion industry and sustainability.
It will particularly suit you if you are looking to expand your knowledge on the latest industry developments in fashion.
Who developed the course?
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends