Skip to 0 minutes and 26 seconds Gain an insight into the exciting world of Biology by joining our course, as we explore three fascinating subject areas… Bugs, Brains and Beasts
The Biology of Bugs, Brains, and Beasts
Prepare for university study with this online biology course
Are you a student in sixth form and thinking of studying at university? On this course, you will use innovative research to enhance your understanding of basic biological concepts taught in A level biology. You will also be introduced to university-level material so you can get a sense of what it’s like to study biosciences at the University of York.
Over three weeks, you will take a fascinating look into bugs, brains and neuroscience, and the interaction of animals with the environment. You will also discover what makes the University of York a unique place to study.
- Bugs (microorganisms and the biochemistry of life)
- Brains (neuroscience: learning and memory)
- Beasts (interaction of animals with the environment - ecology and conservation)
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Demonstrate an appreciation of the ubiquity and importance of microbes
- Explore the biological basis of learning and memory
- Describe how species interact in biological communities, considering their wider habitat and the influence of humans
Who is the course for?
This course is for school students in sixth form or Year 11 that are considering applying to university, as well as anyone interested in biology.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.