What topics will you cover?
- What is meant and understood by the term vulnerability and risk?
- Assessing risk in various scenarios: exploring the links between poverty and risk and examine how risk is portrayed by the media and government
- Exploring theories of attachment and child development
- Examining developmental theories around the concept of containment
- Important considerations when communicating with children
- The power of touch and some of the problems associated with touch
- Elements and characteristics of child care practice
- Love and other important aspects of caring for vulnerable children?
- The challenge of caring for children in a risk averse context
- The Children’s Hearings System in Scotland explained
- Debates on the subject of care in today’s society
- Will the future bring changes in the way we care for vulnerable young people?
Get extra benefits, upgrade this course. For $79 you’ll get:
Upgrading will mean you get unlimited access to the course.
If you’re taking a course for free you have access to the course for its duration + 14 days, regardless of when you join. If you upgrade the course you have access for as long as the course exists on FutureLearn.
A Certificate of Achievement
Upgrading means you’ll receive a Certificate of Achievement when you complete the course.
To receive a Certificate of Achievement you need to mark 90% of the steps on the course as complete.
Share this course
Use the hashtag #FLChildren to join and contribute to social media conversations about this course