Discover who made your clothes, share their stories, and influence global change
Do you ever think about where your clothes come from, who made them, how and at what cost? Created with Fashion Revolution, a global movement for transparency catalysed by the fatal Rana Plaza garment factory collapse in Bangladesh, this course lifts the lid on the global fashion industry. We will share with you a variety of simple techniques to find the answer yourself, and to use your findings to press the fashion industry to value people, the environment, creativity and profit in equal measure. It will encourage us to question what we, as active global citizens, can do to enable change.
What topics will you cover?
- Introduction to a variety of techniques to enable learners to understand who made their clothes
- Teach learners how to use this knowledge to influence the fashion industry so that it values people, the environment, creativity, and profit in equal measure
- Enable learners to gain knowledge and practical skills for thinking about our global economy and who makes our clothes
- Encourage learners to consider themselves as active global citizens who can enable change
- Provide tools with which learners can spread knowledge acquired in the course
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #whomademyclothes to talk about this course on social media.