Weekly study3 hours
Modern Empowerment in the Workplace
This course isn't running right now. We can email you when it starts again, or check out these other courses you might like.
Learn how HR practitioners can empower individuals, organisations and society
The 21st century has seen a transformation of work and the workplace.
The negative aspects of this change often get most attention – from job insecurity to diminished labour rights. But it is a time of possibility, people can work anytime, anywhere, achieving flexibility and work-life balance. This is a potentially exciting future for empowerment at work.
This online course explores the rise of this new empowerment era and the key role that HR practitioners play in it. The course will give you the insights to realise the benefits of modern empowerment for individuals, organisations and society.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the changing context for employee empowerment;
- Analyse problems caused by power imbalances in employment relations and recommend solutions;
- Influence others in their thinking about the effects of technological change and globalisation on contemporary employment relations; and
- Articulate and engage with relevant professional and ethical issues in empowerment at work.
Date to be announced
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the changing context for employee empowerment.
- Evaluate and analyse problems caused by power imbalances in employment relations and recommend solutions.
- Identify and influence others in their thinking about the effects of technological change and globalisation on contemporary employment relations.
- Assess and articulate and engage with relevant professional and ethical issues in empowerment at work.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for those currently working in or aspiring to work in human resources (HR).
Who developed the course?
The Open University (OU) is the largest academic institution in the UK and a world leader in flexible distance learning, with a mission to be open to people, places, methods and ideas.
LocationMilton Keynes, UK
World rankingTop 510Source: Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020