Improve your academic essay writing skills in English.
On this online course, you will learn useful reading and note-making strategies, then find out how to make effective and appropriate use of information and ideas from your readings in your essays. You will gain vocabulary learning skills and learn how to structure sentences, paragraphs and essays. In the final weeks, you will use these skills to submit an academic essay and receive detailed Educator feedback.
Throughout, you will read academic texts and learn vocabulary related to business and management, focusing on teamwork, leadership, organisational culture, marketing and globalisation.
What topics will you cover?
- How to work collaboratively with others.
- Reading academic texts.
- Critical reading - what is it and how do you do it?
- Different ways of making notes.
- Good academic practice, including sourcing, quoting and paraphrasing techniques.
- Develop an academic style.
- Academic vocabulary, dictionary skills and how to use ‘cautious’ language.
- Structuring texts, paragraphs and essays.
- Summarising texts and writing concisely.
- Including evidence and examples to support your ideas.
- Create your own academic essay from what you’ve learned.
- Get detailed feedback from an Educator on your academic essay.
When would you like to start?
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for students who want to study in English at university. We recommend an existing English language level of IELTS 5.5.
Who will you learn with?
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLacademicessay to talk about this course on social media.