- Duration3 weeks
- Weekly study3 hours
- 100% onlineTry this course for free
- Extra BenefitsFrom $74
Youth Mental Health: Helping Young People with Anxiety
Learn how to identify and help with anxiety in young people
Anxiety is a common condition experienced by young people that can escalate to a point where it impacts on their general wellbeing and activities of daily living; brain development and performance at school or college. If untreated the risk of developing chronic and enduring mental health conditions increases, as well as the risks of deliberate self harm and suicide.
On this course you will learn how to identify anxiety disorders experienced by young people, understand ‘stigma’ related to mental health and develop your ability to help a young person experiencing debilitating anxiety
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and learn at your own pace. If the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed below.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify anxiety disorders commonly experienced by adolescents
- Describe the aetiology (causes) of anxiety in young people
- Explain what ‘stigma’ is in relation to mental illness generally
- Identify between normal and abnormal anxiety states
- Explain how to assist a young person experiencing abnormal anxiety states
Who is the course for?
This course is for health professionals and teachers without specialist training in this area, it doesn’t require any prior experience or knowledge. It’s suitable for professionals doing continuous professional development.
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
Buy Unlimited and you will get: