By the end of the ExpertTrack, you’ll be able to...
- Explore planning classes, dealing with resources and managing the lesson
- Reflect on how we assess learners, being inclusive and teacher subject knowledge
- Investigate 21st century skills, technology and teaching, multilingualism and educational practices around the world
- Experiment with new skills and develop professionally as a teacher
Planning lessons and courses
- Planning ahead
- Aims and stages
- Task: lesson observation
- Course planning
- What's available?
- Using flashcards
- Using realia
- Using the board
Managing the lesson
- Factors that influence learning
- Teacher language
- Alone, in pairs or in groups?
- Engaging learners
Taking responsibility for professional development
- Your professional development
- Personal learning networks
- Peer observation
- Developing your reflective practice
- Peer Graded Assignment: Lessons and Teaching
- Next steps
- What motivates your learners?
- Building rapport
- Getting learners talking
Knowing the subject
- What do teachers and learners know already?
- What do learners need to know about new language?
- Checking understanding
- Practising new language
Using inclusive practices
- Understanding inclusive practices
- Differentiating content
- Differentiating process
- Differentiating product
- Why we do what we do
- Types of assessment
- Assessing speaking
- Assessing writing
- Peer Graded Assignment: Learning and Learners
- Next steps
Promoting 21st century skills
- Understanding 21st century skills
- Critical thinking
- Collaboration and communication
- Technology and change
- Evaluating technology
- Technology, autonomy and collaboration
Understanding educational policies and practice
- Educational policy and teachers
- Child protection
- Internet safety
- Applying policy
- Peer Graded Assignment: The Classroom and the World
Using multilingual approaches
- The languages we speak
- Other languages and learning English
- Multilingual teaching approaches
- World Englishes and the future of English
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Create a shareable certificate link for your CV and LinkedIn.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Share your certificate
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends