How to express the time
- 7点(diǎn)15分(fēn) indicates fifteen minutes past seven.
- 5点(diǎn)30分(fēn) indicates thirty minutes past five.
- 7:15 七点十五分(qīdiǎn shíwǔfēn) 七点一刻(qīdiǎn yíkè)
- 5:30 五点三十分(wǔdiǎn sānshífēn) 五点半(wǔdiǎn bàn)
“刻(kè)” means “quarter of an hour” and “半(bàn)” means “half or semi-“.
After learning the time expressions, you can apply them in your daily life.
- 早上(zǎoshang) early morning
- 上午(shàngwǔ) morning
- 中午(zhōngwǔ) noon
- 下午(xiàwǔ) afternoon
- 晚上(wǎnshang) evening, night
Learn Chinese: Introduction to Chinese Conversation
Our purpose is to transform access to education.
We offer a diverse selection of courses from leading universities and cultural institutions from around the world. These are delivered one step at a time, and are accessible on mobile, tablet and desktop, so you can fit learning around your life.
We believe learning should be an enjoyable, social experience, so our courses offer the opportunity to discuss what you’re learning with others as you go, helping you make fresh discoveries and form new ideas.
You can unlock new opportunities with unlimited access to hundreds of online short courses for a year by subscribing to our Unlimited package. Build your knowledge with top universities and organisations.