After learning this video, you can write these characters as their order in the worksheet to help you better understand what you have learned.
- 往（wǎng, towards）：The left part is the radical related to roads or walking. The right part is 主（zhǔ, host）, but the pronounciation of 往（wǎng, towards）comes from 王（wánɡ）.
- 远（yuǎn, far）：The outside radical means walking and movement. The inner part 元（yuán, current unit;origin）stands for their pronunciation, but the tone is different.
- 近（jìn, close）：This character shares the same radical with 远（yuǎn, far）. The inner part 斤（jīn, catty）stands for their pronunciation, but the tone is changed into the forth tone.
- 看（kàn, to look; to watch）：This character combines 手（shǒu, hand） on top and 目（mù, eyes） on the bottom. 看（kàn, to look; to watch） originally means to look from a distance with a hand above your eyes.
- 坐（zuò, to sit）：As this character shows, the two persons are sitting on the ground face to face.
Introduction to Chinese: Conversation
Our purpose is to transform access to education.
We offer a diverse selection of courses from leading universities and cultural institutions from around the world. These are delivered one step at a time, and are accessible on mobile, tablet and desktop, so you can fit learning around your life.
We believe learning should be an enjoyable, social experience, so our courses offer the opportunity to discuss what you’re learning with others as you go, helping you make fresh discoveries and form new ideas.
You can unlock new opportunities with unlimited access to hundreds of online short courses for a year by subscribing to our Unlimited package. Build your knowledge with top universities and organisations.