Reflecting on your learning and capturing your professional development
Reflecting on your professional developmentNow that we approach the end of this course we re-visit the self-audit task from the start of the course. The post-course self-audit will help you consider how your practice and thinking about differentiating for learning has changed. You will use the self-audit to inform your next professional development, which we direct you to in the next step.The statements from the self-audit task are reproduced below:
- I use formative assessment to design effective differentiating for learning.
- I believe and tell my class that all students can develop STEM conceptual understanding and skills.
- I plan for increased levels of cognitive challenge as my lesson progresses to deepen students learning.
- I plan and use a range of diagnostic activities to elicit evidence of students’ thinking and levels of understanding.
- I act on the range of evidences elicited from diagnostic activities to move forward all students in their learning.
- I use a variety of different grouping approaches for my students depending on where they are at in their learning.
- I employ a range of activities that increase student ownership and motivation.
- I allow students to choose appropriately challenging activities which enable them to move forward in their learning.
- I scaffold the learning so that all students can achieve the learning intention.
- I can explain the importance of mindset for myself and my students.
- Access the self-audit task and complete it.
- At the end of the survey, click My responses.
- Click Download as PDF.
- Save the PDF where you will be able to retrieve it to review over the next few steps.Share any notable observations about how your responses have changed from the start of the course.
Differentiation for Learning
Our purpose is to transform access to education.
We offer a diverse selection of courses from leading universities and cultural institutions from around the world. These are delivered one step at a time, and are accessible on mobile, tablet and desktop, so you can fit learning around your life.
We believe learning should be an enjoyable, social experience, so our courses offer the opportunity to discuss what you’re learning with others as you go, helping you make fresh discoveries and form new ideas.
You can unlock new opportunities with unlimited access to hundreds of online short courses for a year by subscribing to our Unlimited package. Build your knowledge with top universities and organisations.