What questions should you ask at Open Days
Questions your young person may want to ask:
- What modules can I study and how many will I be able to choose?
- Can I do a placement or a year abroad with this course?
- Will I get help to find my placement?
- How many contact hours will I have?
- What support is available if I need extra help on my course?
- How much is accommodation?
- Where is the accommodation?
- What do students do in their second and third years?
- How much work will I need to do outside the lectures?
- Can I learn a language with my course?
- What happens if I miss my grades?
- What is the nightlife like?
- Do people go home at weekends?
- What societies and sports clubs are available?
Open Days are an opportunity for both young people and their parents/supporters to ask questions and collect information
You might feel nervous about asking questions at Open Days in front of lots of other people, but don’t worry, there is a good chance there are others in the room thinking the same thing so don’t be afraid to ask. Think about questions you might like to ask at an Open Day, either virtual or in-person and write these in the comment area below. They will probably be useful to others as well.Don’t feel the need to do everything on an Open Day, either virtual or in person. There will be other opportunities to visit but prioritise the things that are more difficult to find out at other times such as hearing from academic staff that might be teaching you.
A Parent and Supporter’s Guide to University Entry
Our purpose is to transform access to education.
We offer a diverse selection of courses from leading universities and cultural institutions from around the world. These are delivered one step at a time, and are accessible on mobile, tablet and desktop, so you can fit learning around your life.
We believe learning should be an enjoyable, social experience, so our courses offer the opportunity to discuss what you’re learning with others as you go, helping you make fresh discoveries and form new ideas.
You can unlock new opportunities with unlimited access to hundreds of online short courses for a year by subscribing to our Unlimited package. Build your knowledge with top universities and organisations.