Learning Outcomes for Week 6
- understanding that a whole team approach can increase the effectiveness of antimicrobial stewardship strategies.
- intention to involve the whole team in optimising antibiotic prescribing in a clinical setting.
- intention to make optimising antimicrobial prescribing a priority in a clinical setting.
- intention to make antimicrobial guidance available to all members of staff, including locums.
- intention to identify an antibiotic champion from a team.
- intention to undertake an antibiotic or infection related audit in a clinical setting.
- intention to share advice about self-care of infections with patients.
- intention to share leaflets (such as the TARGET patient leaflets) about length of illness, self-care, safety netting, and value of antibiotics with patients.
TARGET Antibiotics – Prescribing in Primary Care
Our purpose is to transform access to education.
We offer a diverse selection of courses from leading universities and cultural institutions from around the world. These are delivered one step at a time, and are accessible on mobile, tablet and desktop, so you can fit learning around your life.
We believe learning should be an enjoyable, social experience, so our courses offer the opportunity to discuss what you’re learning with others as you go, helping you make fresh discoveries and form new ideas.
You can unlock new opportunities with unlimited access to hundreds of online short courses for a year by subscribing to our Unlimited package. Build your knowledge with top universities and organisations.