Disability: a badge or label?
- being labeled as disabled by others;
- disclosing their impairment;
- claiming identity of disability or impairment with pride.
- What particular insights did you gain from the video about what counts as disability?
- How have each of these speakers tried to challenge or combat the negative effects of labels?
- How do the themes in this video relate to ideas about living a good life?
- If you have a disability yourself, or are closely connected to people who do, you can also comment on how the personal perceptions and experiences of the speakers resonate with or differ from your own.
Disability and a Good Life: Thinking through Disability
Our purpose is to transform access to education.
We offer a diverse selection of courses from leading universities and cultural institutions from around the world. These are delivered one step at a time, and are accessible on mobile, tablet and desktop, so you can fit learning around your life.
We believe learning should be an enjoyable, social experience, so our courses offer the opportunity to discuss what you’re learning with others as you go, helping you make fresh discoveries and form new ideas.
You can unlock new opportunities with unlimited access to hundreds of online short courses for a year by subscribing to our Unlimited package. Build your knowledge with top universities and organisations.