What’s the difference between a free course and an upgraded course?
Explore disability and reflect on what it means to have a good life
20% of the global population has a disability, which means most of us will have an experience of disability in our lives, whether personally, through family and friends, or in our workplaces and communities.
In this course, you’ll reflect on how disability is part of who we are as human beings. You’ll engage with stories from the diverse lives of people with disabilities, explore contemporary debates, and reflect on the many ways disability is understood and experienced. Above all, you’ll consider what it means to have a good life – and how a good life might be enabled for everyone.
What topics will you cover?
- The difference between disability and impairment
- The social and medical models of disability
- The classification, labelling and counting of disability
- The history of disability in the Global North
- Disability across the life course
- The intersection between disability and other identities or social categories
- Western and non-western philosophical traditions that inform ideas of a good life
Buy a personalised, digital and printed certificate and transcript
Certificate of Achievement + transcript $59.00
Statement of Participation $54.00
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLThinkingDisability to talk about this course on social media.