Expanding your interests: AKASA case study – Part 1
- disability as a dimension of human diversity;
- experiences of disability as dependent on one’s social context;
- diversity within the disability community itself;
- the importance of social inclusion and equal opportunity for people with disabilities;
- and the bringing together of like-minded individual to foster a sense of belonging.
We will pick up on some of these threads in later weeks — in particular, when we discuss human rights and access.« Back to Basics
- How does the idea of equal opportunity relate to human diversity and social inclusion?
- Why might the promotion of social inclusion be particularly important in the lives of rural women with disability in Sri Lanka?
- In what ways does Kamala’s story weave together the ideas we have been developing this week?
Disability and a Good Life: Working with Disability
Our purpose is to transform access to education.
We offer a diverse selection of courses from leading universities and cultural institutions from around the world. These are delivered one step at a time, and are accessible on mobile, tablet and desktop, so you can fit learning around your life.
We believe learning should be an enjoyable, social experience, so our courses offer the opportunity to discuss what you’re learning with others as you go, helping you make fresh discoveries and form new ideas.
You can unlock new opportunities with unlimited access to hundreds of online short courses for a year by subscribing to our Unlimited package. Build your knowledge with top universities and organisations.