This learner has completed ID verification. Find out more.
Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
This online course explored the strengths and weaknesses of video as a medium of communication and then how to produce a short video for an organisation using minimal time and money. Topics covered in the course included working through the editorial decisions that help a video deliver its message effectively and stand out, creative thinking and visual storytelling, using easily available technology such as smartphones and apps, shooting different visual styles, and tackling a basic edit.
4 weeks, 3 hours per week
The Open University
- Explore the strengths and weaknesses of video as a medium of communication, where and how to use it to powerful effect
- Investigate how to plan and structure a low budget production with available team skills and resources
- Develop a range of practical skills in low budget production using readily available technology
- Apply creative thinking and visual storytelling skills
Week 1. Understanding the medium.
- The strengths of video – powerful human stories
- Potential online and offline uses of video for small charities
Week 2. Planning a production
- Editorial decision making
- The production team and resources
Week 3. Practical production skills
- Realising a range of visual styles using your phone
Week 4. Making your video count
- Editing and distribution
Issued on 27th June 2021
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: