Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
In 2016, mobile use overtook desktop use. This course explored the meaning of mobile technology and its growth and benefits. It provided an introduction to mobile design concepts and development approaches, and outlined the seven principles underpinning the design of an effective mobile application. The concept of the Internet of Things (IOT) was also explained, including the associated benefits and challenges.
2 weeks, 2 hours per week
- Describe what mobility is in the context of digital
- Describe the growth of mobility and benefits associated with it
- Describe what mobile design is, including concepts such as wireframes
- Identify seven principles of good mobile app design and the importance of effective design
- Describe what the 'Internet of Things' is and some of the benefits associated with it
- Identify security risks related to the 'Internet of Things'
Week 1: The rise in mobile technology
- What is mobility?
- The benefits of mobility
- Mobile technology growth
- Wearable technology
Week 2: Mobility in practice
- Mobile design principles
- Building mobility - core development approaches
- The Internet of Things
Issued on 15th August 2020
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: